Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Theater Popcorn


I really like my Presto Pop. It makes the best popcorn. But how can I get a batch to taste like movie popcorn? Here's my base recipe. (Which basically means that I'll probably be tweaking it for years to come)

1 Presto Pop
1/3 cup kernal popcorn
1 TBLS vegetable oil
3/4 stick of butter
Artificial butter flakes
popcorn salt
1 big bowl to toss the popcorn
(1 microvae ;-) )

Popcorn: Please follow the directions for cooking your popcorn. I do nothing special for this step.

Sauce:
In a small skillet, melt the butter. Use a spoon and take off the fat leaving behind just the oil.

Putting it together: When the popcorn is finished cooking,:
  • shake popcorn salt over the popcorn as you are dumping it into your serving bowl.
  • Pour the butter oil over the popcorn
  • Add a liberal amount of the butter flakes
  • Toss
Let me know if you have another way?

No comments:

Post a Comment